Learning To Wait


According to National Geographic, the Great Blue Heron “snare their aquatic prey by … “standing still for long periods of time and waiting for fish to come within range of their long necks and blade-like bills.” One of the definitions of the word ‘still’ from Roget’s 11, The New Thesaurus is: "motionless and undisturbed." As I watched this Heron waiting for, and expecting food, I compared my waiting skills ~ in traffic … my physician’s office … my favorite department store … for answers to prayer ~ You guessed it, they did not measure up!
I am still learning to wait  in a “motionless and undisturbed” fashion, how about you?

I waited patiently and expectantly for the Lord; and He inclined to me and heard my cry.” ~ Psalms 40:1 (AMP)
 Photos: Norfolk Botanical Garden
Previously posted 10/19/2010





Comments

SuziCate said…
This is a lovely post, Merle. I am getting better about patience. It has not always been a virtue for me. This gives me much to think about.

Popular posts from this blog

Like A Tree

Can I?

Your Voice