March 9, 2013

Differemt



From the distance, it seemed like just another duck, but as it
came closer, my waiting camera responded quickly. After searching
Field Guide to the Birds of North America, I could not positively identify it, so I sent an email to five of my expert bird watchers. All graciously identified – a male Ring-necked, including one who initially said, “looks like a Lesser Scaup.” The difference was a small detail … the ring on the beak. We are each different, but share one common identification detail: we are "fearfully and wonderfully made" by the Great Creator. 
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous--how well I know it. ~ 
Psalm 139:14 

2 comments:

pattisjarrett said...

I don't remember seeing one of these, either. Yes, we are all fearfully and wonderfully made!

Merle said...

A first for both of us Patti. Thanks lots for stopping by.