Creations Amazing Osprey




Special thanks to my nephew Chris who is aware of my bird watching addiction, and whose keen eyes spotted this Osprey nest, and then alerted me.
In my research I found: 
Osprey nests are built of sticks and lined with bark, sod, grasses, vines, algae, or flotsam and jetsam.
Ospreys can end up with nests 10–13 feet deep and 3–6 feet in diameter—easily big enough for a human to sit in.
This bird choose to build its nest atop a power pole, which would by normal standards be a danger point, and unsafe.
In life, we too are often atop danger points, and unsafe. Opportunities to fear are all around us. Like the osprey securing a safe place for its   young, in the midst of it all, we have a safe place for our young,  promising freedom from fear atop it all.
Listen to Words from the Holy Scriptures through the voice of David the Psalmist: 
“For He will conceal me there when troubles come; He will hide me in His sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock”.
“I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me”?3  
I say that’s good news. What do you say?    
2. Psalm 27:5 3. Psalms 56:11

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is good news, Merle, for everyone who would believe in Him. That's amazing how big they make their nests.
Merle M. Mills said…
Another creation wonder Patti. Appreciate you stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Like A Tree

Can I?