Refreshing



Last summer, I saw it several times as it cautiously fed, then disappeared in a moment with any distraction. This summer, it arrived mid-July much more confident, and less timid. Now, I sit and wait as its trips become more frequent, sometimes hourly. I clean and fill the feeder more often to ensure food never runs out, and it finds an uncontaminated place for daily refreshing.
So it is with our Heavenly Father. As we sit and wait in His presence, and read words from the Holy Scripture, we find an uncontaminated place for daily refreshing, and are rewarded with food that fills, and refreshes our soul.
 He restores my soul. ~ Psalm 23:1
“Those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life.” ~  John 4:14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like A Tree

Can I?

Your Voice