Happy Holidays?

In a recent online article entitled Holiday Depression, Dr. Richard Boyum states “We generally think of the holidays as a joyous, happy period. The period of time between Thanksgiving and New Year's is a time in American culture for much celebration. 

People come together to eat, sing, share gifts, and enjoy the camaraderie of each other’s presence. But there is an increasing body of knowledge that says that the holidays are a period of time that is, for many, stressful at the least and for others, downright depressing.”1
He then goes on to list information that may contribute to this depression, and suggestions to help keep the holidays happy.

This holiday season, when I too am inclined to become stressed or depressed, I will remind myself :
Of the Holiday Hope found in the Holy Scriptures ~ “from the ends of the earth I cry to you for help when my heart is overwhelmed,2 … for you have rescued my soul from death, my eyes from tears and my feet from stumbling.”3 
Of the Holiday Promise  ~ “And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace,”4
Of the Holiday Gift  ~ “Thank God for this gift too wonderful for words!”5

May your Holiday Season be a joyous and happy one!
2. Psalm 61:2a NLT©2007; 3. Psalms 116:8 NASB©1995
4. Isaiah 9:6 NLT©2007;
5. 2  Corinthians 9:15 NLT©2007
Previously posted 12/11/2010

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like A Tree

Can I?

Your Voice